Monday, October 7, 2024

Ohhhhh my goodness...

Well the score is now Skunks: 2, Dogs: 0. Boz and Nova were sprayed the first time at the end of June...and last night they were sprayed AGAIN. I've lived here for almost 12 years and we NEVER had an issue with the dogs being sprayed...and now it's happened twice in the same year! We took the peroxide, baking soda, and dishsoap outside to coat the dogs and then brought them in the house to give them a bath. Nova wasn't as bad as Bozley was...she barely has any smell left but you can still smell the skunk a bit on Bozley's face. 

So...that's super frustrating. :P 

And last week our fridge stopped cooling AGAIN. We emptied everything out of it and defrosted the frozen fan again, but it still wasn't cooling below 40 degrees. And unlike the last time this happened, the temperature on the control panel showed that it was the right temperature the whole time. Even after we defrosted it, it was still showing a lower temperature than it actually was. We've been having problems with this fridge for awhile...it was the first big purchase we made together back in 2014. It's a Samsung and the first few years, it was great. We even started replacing the rest of the appliances with Samsung...until we started having issues with the fridge, dishwasher, and dryer. :P Luckily we hadn't replaced the stove yet...so it's the one appliance that isn't Samsung. The ice maker in the freezer hasn't worked for many years...and the "fix" from Samsung was to buy a whole freezer door. We just dealt with not having an ice maker. :P 

But we don't want to keep emptying, moving, and defrosting the fridge...so we just decided to get a new one. We've had to wait an entire week for it to be delivered though...so that's been not fun. Luckily...it'll be delivered tomorrow! Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Sunday we cleaned up the kitchen and got everything moved off the fridge. It looks weird not having all the magnets and everything on there! Johnny originally had a regular white fridge with a top freezer. Then we got the Samsung side-by-side fridge. Now we're going to have a French door fridge with the bottom drawer freezer. We went with Frigidaire instead of Samsung...so hopefully it's better! :P 

Other than that, I've just been busy with work! I ended September as my most profitable month so far. Since changing my listing photos to specifically state "sticker or magnet" I've been getting more magnet orders, which has boosted my profit. So even though I got 137 orders in July and 119 in August, I still had higher profit in September even though I only had 109 orders. I've also been getting more large orders lately. Over the weekend I got an order for 50 stickers, so that was exciting! :) And I love my repeat customers! I have a couple wonderful customers who have placed several orders for my custom text stickers and magnets...and it always makes my day when I see one of their orders pop up on my phone. :) I've also had a couple orders already for my new kitchen magnets that I listed last month. 

But...I should probably get some more done before Johnny gets off work. I hope everyone has a good week!