Wednesday, September 4, 2024

I'm ready for fall!

September is here...but I'm ready for the fall weather to be here! We're going to have a few days of 80s temperatures, but still some days in the 90s. I'm so tired of the heat. UGH. I'd really rather have 70s all year. :P But...I suppose 80s and low 90s are better than temps in the 100s. There might be a thunderstorm tomorrow afternoon, but we'll see. Usually the storms tend to miss us...except for the one that took out our fence! We also had a storm on the 25th that I don't think was in the forecast...just popped up. They ended up canceling the air show because there was some damage at the base. So unfortunately mom didn't get to come watch. But in a couple years when they have the next air show, I think I'll have her come out on Thursday or Friday when they practice...because it seems like they flew by our house a lot more during practice. 

But in other news...our fence is done! They came out last Thursday to tear out the old fence and set the posts, then on Friday they placed all the pickets. I wasn't *super* impressed with him, but they did a decent enough job and I'm just glad that we have a fence again. Johnny liked him. And they did get the job done quickly, so I liked that part. Eventually we want to replace the back fence and the gate, but that'll have to wait awhile. 

Work has been good...busy! I had 119 orders in August (compared to 137 orders in July), but I did break my record for the most orders in one day. Previously my record was 9, but I had 13 orders on August 31st! I didn't work on orders during the holiday from Friday-Sunday...and I ended up having 24 orders go out on Tuesday morning! That's been the most orders I've had go out at one time...so that was pretty exciting. :) And I'm almost finished updating all the listings photos in my CandiMakerStickers Etsy shop...so that has felt pretty productive. I also think having my main listing photo that now says "sticker or magnet" is boosting magnet sales. I've noticed a slight increase in magnet sales since updating the listings...although it could just be coincidental. I'm also working on some new kitchen magnet/stickers that I hope to have listed by the end of the weekend. Hopefully they'll do well. :) 

On that note...I'm going to try to get some more work done before I go to bed.