Thursday, June 6, 2024

RECIPE: Strawberry Jell-o Cookies

I've been craving something sweet. So last night at like 11pm I went through the cabinets to see what kind of ingredients we had and I found a box of strawberry Jell-o. I didn't feel like actual Jell-o, but I wondered what cookies would taste like made from it. So...I came up with this! When I took them out of the oven I was like...wait, I remember this smell! They smell exactly like Frankenberry cereal...and taste a lot like it, too! 

Strawberry Jell-o Cookies 
Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening 
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 6oz package of strawberry Jell-o
1 tsp vanilla 
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar for rolling

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
Mix eggs, butter, shortening, brown sugar, Jell-o, and vanilla. 
In a separate bowl, whisk together salt, flour, baking soda, and flour
Gradually add flour mixture 1 cup at a time and mix well.
Remove dough and roll about 1 tbs of dough into a ball then roll it in the sugar and set on the baking sheet. 
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to sit on the pan to continue cooking for at least 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.