Thursday, February 15, 2024

Another Valentine's Day!

Yesterday was the 11th Valentines day that Johnny and I have spent together! It's still hard to believe that it's been so long. :) I love where our relationship is at...it's very comfortable and we just truly enjoy the everyday routine of our life. Some people may find it boring...but I love not having any drama or stress. We've both been working from home for the last 4 years and it's been so nice. We spend a little time together in the morning before Johnny starts his work day and then we get to chat during his breaks. Then after he gets off work we sit down and have dinner together and watch an episode of one of our shows or watch a movie, documentary, or stand-up special. Then he usually goes to bed earlier while I stay up and work for a few more hours. And, of course, we enjoy spending time together with the dogs. Now that all our human children are adults...the pups are our little kids now. ;) We love watching them play and talking about how cute they are and taking pictures of them. It's a nice, quiet life...and I couldn't be happier. :) 

For Valentine's Day, I got Johnny a Crazy Shirts t-shirt. He's been wanting some for awhile...I'd gotten him one for Christmas and another for Valentine's Day. I made Cheez-It Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and corn for dinner and we watched a stand-up comedy while we ate. So it was a very nice day. :) 

I bought some duck topper to see if it helps Bozley with eating more of his food. Yesterday he barely ate any of his food. He'd just push it around and then give up. It's always difficult to get him to eat all of his food...but some days he's worse than others. He also won't eat it at all unless we put a little bit of water in it and heat it up. He LOVES duck jerky so I'm hoping that the powdered duck jerky will add a flavor that he likes to his food and he'll eat it better. 

I passed 500 sales in my CandiMakerStickers Etsy shop! :) So far I've had less sales in February than I did in January, but I've had higher profit in February. I had several larger orders which made a difference. I just added magnets to my Etsy shop and I got another eBay order for stickers. I'm slowly working on adding more of my stickers on eBay, but it's been going pretty slow. 

It didn't help that I've been sick for the past week. It's just a chest cold. I haven't felt horribly bad...I've just been very blah. There were only a couple days where I didn't really feel like doing anything at all and I ended up going to bed early. One of the days I was feeling not very productive, I redid my packaging stickers that I put on all the envelopes that I send orders out in. I'd been just using my matte sticker paper and cutting my own stickers, but it was a lot more time-consuming than I wanted to deal with. So I found some good labels that are the sizes I need and already pre-cut on the page. So while I was laying around, I set up my print templates and now I can just print a few pages off at a time and not have to worry about it. If I run out in the middle of an order, it just take a few seconds to print some more now. 

I think that's about it for an update. :)