Friday, July 8, 2022

RECIPE: Grilled Chicken Sandwich

I haven't posted a new recipe in awhile! I've mostly just been making the same recipes that I already have but Johnny requested something new tonight so...here it is! I served these on Brioche buns with real mayo (Ashlyn had Miracle Whip) and you can add lettuce, pickles, or whatever toppings you like. :) Also, I made this recipe in my PowerXL Grill Air Fryer Combo but you could make it out on the grill (it's too hot outside for me...I prefer the air conditioning). ;) These tasted amazing. Even picky Ashlyn ate her entire chicken breast! She and I cut ours in half to make two sandwiches.  

PowerXL Grill Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich

Ingredients:
3 chicken breast halves, trimmed and pounded to uniform thickness
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pickle juice
1 tbs powdered sugar
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper 
1 tbs vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Whisk together milk, pickle juice, powdered sugar, garlic salt, and black pepper in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Place chicken in bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. 
2. Place the grill plate in the PowerXL. Set to grill setting at 450 degrees and let preheat for 10 minutes. Coat the grill plate with the oil so the chicken won't stick.  
3. After it has preheated, add the chicken to the grill plate. 
4. Cancel the grill function and turn the PowerXL to Air Fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and press start. Set to Air Fry at 400 degrees for 8 minutes and press start. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. 
5. Remove the chicken to a plate and let it sit for 5 minutes. 
6. Make your sandwiches! :)