Thursday, November 28, 2019

So much to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving 2019! There's so much in my life to be thankful for...

I have an amazing husband who loves me and treats me well. He is supportive and kind. I've never met someone so generous and willing to help...not just me, but everyone around him. We enjoy our time together and Johnny makes me smile every single day. I've never been so happy. He is the love of my life and I couldn't imagine spending my forever with anyone else.

I have two pretty great daughters. They're teenagers now and while there's a lot of bickering and typical teenage attitudes, they're really good kids and I'm so very proud of the young women they are becoming. I'm thankful for the school they attend and the many opportunities that are available to them for choice of classes and extracurricular activities (more so than at their old school) and I'm proud of how well they are doing in school. I'm also very thankful that they're overall healthy kids and I hope that is always the case. Oh and I'm truly thankful to have primary custody of my children and no longer fighting with XH over everything anymore. I'm thankful all that drama is behind us.

I am thankful for my family. My mom is truly wonderful...and she has always been there for her loved ones through everything. She is also the inspiration for how I raise my own children. I can't say enough good things about her. And my dad is always there when we need him...and likes to spoil his girls. My sister also strives to take care of her loved ones and always tries to be the person in your corner. She never fails to makes me laugh and her gif game is strong. ;) I also have very involved grandparents who have always had a prominent place in my life...as well as close knit extended family members. This is also the first Thanksgiving that my Uncle Billy will be home for. He's back home after living in California for 30-some years. He retired from the Navy a short time ago and finally made it back home. So I'm thankful for that as well. :)

I'm thankful for the roof over our heads. Johnny bought this house back in 2006 and the girls and I have been living here since 2013. I love the town we live in and I couldn't ask for a better location. We have plenty of room and I've enjoyed being able to make it "our" home.

I'm thankful that we have a nice vehicle that gets us to where we need to be! Last year was spent dealing with a multitude of vehicle issues which led to finally trading in our previous vehicle for a new car. Johnny likes that it's sporty looking, but I'm just glad it's reliable! I'm also thankful we were in a position to be able to get new tires this week.

I'm even thankful for our pets. While they can drive me crazy sometimes...they also provide countless hours of entertainment, snuggles, and happiness.

I'm thankful for Johnny's job and my own job as a law enforcement transcriptionist. I'm thankful for the ability to work from home and to make my own schedule around the needs of our family. It's been a wonderful opportunity and I'm so glad that I found it. I'm thankful that we are able to pay our bills and provide food and all the necessities of life.

I'm also thankful that I'm getting my child support again...especially now that I have a senior. It helps us to be able to get the extra little things...like the "Class of 2020" sweatshirt AND sweatpants that Aubry wanted and a bigger senior ad in the yearbook. And with two daughters in high school, there are more dresses for school dances, more activities (and the $10 here and there to stop for food on the bus ride home), etc. We always make sure the kids have what they *need* but it also helps to be able to say "yes" to some things they *want* as well.

I'm also thankful for the little things in life. Netflix and Amazon Prime...so Johnny and I can binge watch shows together. We also recently discovered that the Dog Whisperer is on Disney+ so I'm thankful for that! Pajama pants so I can be comfy. The pressure cooker I got from my grandma so I can make quick and easy meals for my family. The Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer I got from my grandma so I can make cookies and not wear out my shoulder holding my old hand mixer. Our new carpet cleaner to clean our floors and upholstery.

There are SO many things to be thankful for...the big and the little things! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!