Monday, July 17, 2023

Work Work Work!

It seems like pretty much all I do is work. ;) I don't mind it though...I enjoy what I do. But running a business is definitely time-consuming. There's always so much to do...and so much more that CAN be done. Sometimes I struggle with deciding what to focus on. It all ends up working out though. Sometimes I'll get burnt out with one particular thing and I can just move on to a different thing. 

Honestly...my favorite things are a lot of the boring parts. I enjoy updating my spreadsheets and organizing everything. I enjoy coming up with ways to make things more streamlined. I've spent many years of my life in administrative assistant or office manager roles and it's something I do really well. I get it from my mama. :) 

My sticker shop is doing well. I'm getting pretty consistent sales and nearly every day. Yesterday I had four sales in one day and then another after midnight before I went to bed and woke up to another one this morning. :) Right now I'm at 135 orders and 159 sales (not including when people order multiple quantities of the same item...I really wish Etsy would change that!). I've also sent orders to 39 states so far! My "goal" is to reach all 50 states plus Washington DC by the end of the year. It's not really a goal I have a whole lot of control over...but it'd be pretty cool. 

One thing I would like to work on is social media promotion...but I just don't really make the time or effort. Maybe that'll be a goal for next year! My goal this year is to break 200 orders...and at the rate I'm going, I should be able to achieve that goal. Each month has seen an increase in sales from the month before. Well...except April. April was kind of a dud month where I didn't get any sales for a couple weeks in the middle of the month. But that's not unusual for retail. And actually...summer is normally a pretty slow time for retail, but it's been pretty good for me. So I wonder if things will pick up even more in the fall and leading up to Christmas. :) 

I have some fall/Halloween designs that I'll be listing soon but I want to work on some specific back to school things as well. Right now I'm kinda focused on some administrative things in my shop, though. I am wanting to redo some of my mock-ups and retake my size comparison photos. But before I can do that...I'm going through my "backgrounds" graphics because I started with over 30k files and my computer is not wanting to let me look through them all without freezing up for a few seconds and then going back to the beginning of the folder. :P So I'm categorizing them into subfolders based on the type of background they are and that's starting to help. 

So...that's my "to-do list" right now. And on that note...I'm gonna get back to work! :)