Monday, March 20, 2023

Twice in one month?!

Wow...I am actually making my second post of the month! Last month I only made one post toward the end of the month and January was just my annual "year in review" survey on the first of the month. :P There have been many times I've started to write a post but then never get around to finishing it. It also feels like a lot of times, I'm just saying the same things over and over again because...well...my life is mostly doing the same things over and over again. :P 

Most of my days are spent working on my Etsy shops. I say shops...but it's mostly just my sticker shop that I'm working on at this point. I haven't made new sublimation designs since I opened CandiMakerStickers in January. I've even considered shuttering CandiMakerTransfers and converting my sublimation printer back to a regular printer to use for CandiMakerStickers. Of course, the day I started seriously thinking about that...I got an order for a 10-pack of transfers. So I took it as a sign that I should wait. But...if I'm going to continue, I should really start putting out more designs and working on my SEO, etc. 

Honestly, I think a big part of the problem is that I refuse to create anything that violates trademark and copyright...but that's what a lot of people are looking for. So many people make/sell things that are based on what's already popular like TV shows, movies, songs, celebrities, sports teams, brands like Disney and LV, etc. I used to follow SO many sublimation groups on FB...but at least every other post was IP infringement. So that really limits my customer base...especially when it's already limited to people who make/sell their own items instead of the general public buying finished products. 

I think part of the reason why I enjoy working on CandiMakerStickers so much is because I belong to a great FB group that keeps me motivated. While there are some sticker makers who sell infringing items...most posts are helpful tips and tricks for making as well as selling stickers. We talk about all the different kinds of equipment, tools, supplies, etc. and everyone is always so helpful with answers to questions and willing to share what works best for them. It's just a nice little community and there's SO much variety with designs...I love seeing everyone's work. It's inspirational and makes me excited to work on new items. 

And on that note...back to work! :)