Saturday, June 11, 2022

Yay! We have a new bed!

I am SO excited to have our new bed! We got it from my grandma. She had a king-size, adjustable Tempur-Pedic bed and was wanting to get a queen-size bed so she'll have more room in her bedroom. Johnny and I both have back problems...so we've definitely been looking forward to being able to raise the head and foot of the bed and the new memory foam mattress. We've just had queen-size pillow-top mattresses. First we had Johnny's that he bought in 2006. Then when we moved our bedroom upstairs in 2018, we switched to my mattress that was bought in 2009 (and hadn't been used since I moved in with Johnny in 2013). But in the last few years, my scoliosis has gotten worse and Johnny's back has been bothering him more...not to mention the fact that the dogs take up all the room. :P So we've been excited about the new bed!

Grandma's new bed was being delivered on Friday, so Thursday morning I took apart our bed and Ashlyn helped me move it downstairs while Johnny was working. Then that evening we picked up a U-Haul truck and went over to my grandma's house to load up the king-size bed and bring it to our house. It was SO HEAVY. The base is actually two separate twin XL bases...but with all the hardware and everything to adjust the head and foot of the bed they were a lot heavier than just a normal bed frame would be. Luckily my mom and dad were there to help too. Then we got it back to our house and unloaded it. We put the bases in our room but left the mattress and headboard in the hallway so I could still move the bases if I needed to while I was hooking all the cables back up. And then we took the U-Haul truck back so we didn't miss that deadline...and then we came back home and finished putting everything together and made the bed. 

I'm SO happy with the new bed! We actually still have a lot more room in our bedroom than I thought we might. I wasn't sure if we'd have to have it up against the wall, but we had enough room still for both nightstands AND the dog bed by the closet. We moved the dog steps to the end of the bed instead of the side...but that's about it. And we have a LOT more room in the bed, that's for sure. Usually Bozley doesn't lay in bed with us that long but since getting the new bed, he'll lay in our bed for almost half an hour before he finally gets down and goes to his bed. Nova still sleeps in our bed all night...but she's no longer taking up all the room and kicking us off the edge. ;) We raised the head/foot of the bed while the dogs were on it...and they were definitely not sure what to think about that! LOL. I'm sure if we turned on the massage function they'd really freak out when it started vibrating! 

I don't think I've ever slept as well as I have with the new bed. With the head raised a little bit and then raising the foot of the bed, my back feels so much better. Plus the mattress is SO comfortable. When grandma was buying her new bed, they said that once someone gets a Tempur-Pedic mattress they rarely get something else after that...and I can see why! I've definitely been sleeping better and waking up feeling more rested. And aside from being sore from moving furniture, my back is feeling better in general. I actually look forward to going to bed now! LOL. ;)