Sunday, August 8, 2021

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Things have seemed pretty busy lately. 

I've been working on getting my Etsy shop up and running. First I had to finish putting together my logo and cover banner. I will only be using Etsy to sell digital designs and utilizing Facebook when I'm ready to sell physical end-products. I had to return my original printer and the replacement is out of stock...so I'll have to wait a little while to start creating products. There are so many supply chain issues right now with both printers as well as sublimation blanks. But while I'm waiting on that, I'm having a lot of fun creating digital products. I'm also trying to reorganize all my digital elements so that I can find everything easier and make the process go a bit more smoothly. It's time consuming, but I really enjoy it. :) I only have two designs finished and uploaded in my shop...but I hope to have a LOT more soon! 

I had take Bosley to the vet again last week. We noticed that Nova had some discharge from her eye after we brought her home. We found a small blade of grass in her eye that we removed so we assumed that was the cause of the discharge. We were keeping it clean and watching it but then when Bozley also started having some discharge, I took him to the vet for some antibiotic/steroid eye drops which has cleared up the redness and discharge completely for both of them. :) And Nova's spots/scabs from her allergies seem to be doing better as well. I think the new food has helped a lot. And it's been over a week and Bozley is still eating all of his lunch and dinner with the new dehydrated food! I'm SO glad that we've found something that he likes. :) We are still so happy with our decision to bring Nova home for Bozley. We've noticed such a positive change in Bozley's anxiety. They've definitely bonded with each other and it's so fun watching them play together. I need to get them both into the groomer soon and we still need to get Nova spayed, too. 

I also had to take Ashlyn to get her meningococcal vaccine before school starts next week. It's hard to believe summer is almost over already! This will be Ashlyn's first time back in the classroom since March 2020. She was remote learning during all of her Sophomore year. There were several positive cases during last school year so I just felt it would be better to have her continue remote learning. She did really well the first semester, but she started slacking quite a bit second semester...which seems to be pretty typical of Ashlyn. She focuses more on her social life than her GPA. :P But I think Ashlyn is excited for her electives...since she was so limited on what electives she could take with remote learning. This year she's taking photography, journalism, theater tech, and clay fundamentals. I took a pottery class when I was in college and took the girls up to the campus with me to get some of my projects done and they really enjoyed it. Aubry took these same classes when she was in high school too (except Journalism). Like me, they've always loved arts and crafts. :) Aubry was really involved in Thespians and during her senior year she talked her sister into becoming a theater techie as a freshman...so Ashlyn is excited to get back to that this year. :) 

We had dinner tonight at Olive Garden tonight for Johnny's birthday. My grandparents' like to take everyone out to dinner for birthdays. So we met them and my mom at the restaurant...and it's the first time we've actually eaten IN a restaurant in awhile! It was yummy, as always. I'm bummed they still don't have my smoked mozzarella chicken though. :( But it was an enjoyable evening with family. My grandparents' always get Johnny some Jelly Belly jellybeans and cashews from the Nifty Nuthouse. He looks forward to it every year! They also had a really neat puzzle game that my cousin's husband made with his 3-D printer...so that was fun! And tonight was the first time we left Bozley and Nova home alone...and everything seemed to be fine! We didn't come home to find anything destroyed...so that's good! lol. 

Tonight after dinner, Johnny took Ashlyn shopping for some school clothes. The kids think it's a lot more fun to shop with Johnny. ;) He likes to browse and be silly...and I'm more of a let's get in and get this done and get out sort of person. Plus he has a bad habit of spoiling the kids so of course they like that too. :P Johnny and Ashlyn decided to hit up the clearance rack at Kohls first and she found quite a lot there plus a couple more things that were on sale. She ended up getting two pairs of jeans, a jean skirt, bralette, two cardigans, two soft sweatshirts, and then a cute lightweight hoodie in three different colors. Plus now we have some Kohls cash to use starting the 16th. :) 

Ashlyn wanted a new backpack this year, too. She said she wants a backpack that "doesn't have as many pockets." Seriously?! How can a child of mine not want ALL the pockets?! The more pockets the better, I say! They didn't see any backpacks she liked while they were out, so she came home and looked on Amazon and we found one with free Prime 2-day shipping. It had more pockets than she wanted but it was big enough to hold everything she needed and she liked how it looked. And it was under $20 too! Then tomorrow I have a Walmart grocery order being delivered that will have her notebook paper and new binder. The binder I found has lots of pockets too! ;) 

I still can't believe my youngest child will be a junior in high school this year. They grow up so fast!